Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Swim Lessons


Today was the long-awaited Swim Lesson! FaithLyn's first ever swim lesson took place with 2 in. of snow on the ground. She woke up early because she was so excited and the snow made it super bright earlier than usual. We got ready in record time and were off! Getting up an hour before the girls is doing wonders for me!! Not only do I love spending time in the Word but taking my shower first thing in the morning gives me a whole hour more during the morning!! To me that is the difference between actually getting work done or not. And I feel more free to do fun crafts or Mommy Time with the girls. Anyway back to swim lessons. . .

We arrived at the YMCA in Hollidaysburg in time to change and get aquianted with the building. Sammy, 4, our neighbor and friend, followed us there. He is a veteran swimmer so he showed FaithLyn the ropes. She was so cute!! We waited patiently until her teacher came to meet her and then I said a quick prayer with her and she never even looked back!! I could tell she was a little nervous but she listened so attentively to her instructor and did exactly as she was told. She floated on her back, very scary in the past, and swam with arm floaties all the way to the other side of the pool. I couldn't believe it! I got to watch from the observation windows. I did sneak in every once in a while to get a picture or two. I didn't get any really good pictures because Olivia was screaming like a banshie every time I moved a step away from her. She is really learning to work her mommy!

When FaithLyn finished her lesson she said, "Mommy! I did everything! Did you see me?" My heart melted!! To see her sense of accomplishment made the hour drive and screaming baby sister so worth it!!

When we got home she said, "Mommy make sure that you wash my swimsuit and towel so that they are ready for me next time." I thought that was a pretty good idea. Thursday is the next class. There were two other little girls and two little boys. It is so fun to see your kids experience these things for the first time. It makes life seem a little more crystal clear and bright.

No comments: