
Well, winter has returned to South-Central Pennsylvania! This picture was taken today, two hours after the snow started. This is the veiw of our drive-way from the front porch. I am not sure how much snow to expect but I have heard varying reports. At one time I heard the word blizzard and then no snow at all. SO, we'll see, but it looks very promising right now.
FaithLyn has been really hoping to go sledding with her Daddy one last time this winter. Every time that she wakes up in the morning and sees a little snow on the ground she asks if it's enough to sled. Today when she saw it snowing she immediately asked if it was enough to sled. I said we would have to wait and see. Then I thought this might be a good opportunity to learn a lesson about prayer. FaithLyn is very good at praying for our meals. A typical FL prayer would go something like this, "Thank You, Jesus, for Daddy, Mommy, Olivia, Elise, and the food. Amen." Usually the only variations are dependant on who is sitting where at the table. Dan has been teaching her to also pray for something special that she wanted to Thank God for that happened during the day. It has been really fun to hear what stood out during the day in her 3 year-old brain.
Today, I encouraged FaithLyn to pray and ask God to send enough snow for sledding. We have prayed that twice today. My heart was brightened by her sweet prayer. I know that right now she best understands thanksgiving prayers so her prayer makes sense. But when I was encouraging her to pray I told what to say but this is what she prayed, "Thank You, God, for enough snow to sled." I know that she was praying in the way she understands but it made me so happy. How often do I ask my Lord for something but before the words even reach my mouth I am already preparing myself for disappointment. I am so grateful when I learn something about my walk with the Lord through my innocent children.
I am not sure how much snow we will get. I am faithful that FaithLyn will learn a very valuable lesson no matter how much snow we get. And even is she doesn't, I already have! Thank You, Lord for enough snow to go sledding!! Happy Sledding, All!
No comments:
Post a Comment