Friday, February 24, 2006

Go to the Ant you Sluggard!

I just spent the last hour getting quotes for moving truck rentals. Yuck! The good news is we have enough money saved already to make the move. I guess I will get to buy groceries this month!! We weren't really worried but you know how fast those nerves can get ahead of the mind. I guess this will all take place after all!

The last couple of days I have been very convicted about being lazy and grumpy. I was talking to Dan about it and he suggested that I start getting up before the girls to spend some time with the Lord and collect my thoughts before the day begins. I knew he was right and I love him for taking the chance of upsetting me to give good advice. I fought it for a couple of days but yesterday God really got the message through to me. It was time to allow Him to work through my conviction. So last night I made the plan and prepared myself for an earlier morning. I was really excited about getting up and getting in the Word. The plan was to get up and shower then go downstairs and have my special coffee and snuggle up on the couch with the Lord and His Word.

Well, this morning the alarm went of at 6 a.m. and I thought out loud, "It can't be time already!?" Then a few moments later, after Dan had already jumped up and dashed downstairs or should I say tumbled?, I drug myself into the shower. Then I got dressed and went and made my coffee. I had a great time in the Word. I got to pray for the girls and read my chapters and have some even better prayer time. I am not telling you all this for a pat on the back. I recieved my reward through fellowship with my Savior. I committed myself to the day and the day to the Lord.

It hasn't been a spectacular day. I haven't increased my productivity BUT the Lord did help me see that He wants my heart to be looking to Him today. I haven't gotten a lot done but what I have done. . . matters! I have a little perspective.

I knew that I needed to put myself before the Lord for a good old heartlift. I knew this because FaithLyn has been asking me way to much to put on a happy face. Isn't that sad? My three year old daughter has to ask me to smile at her. I would only be telling half of the story if I didn't tell you that most of the time she asks me this is because she is in trouble but you get the idea.

Tomorrow will be the real test!! What was so convicting? Well I told you Dan and I had been talking about this for at least a couple of days, and in our Minsitry Team meetings we are reading through The Pilgrim's Progress. Well as Pilgrim is on his way to the Celestial City he stops to rest and falls asleep during the middle of the day. A voice awakens him saying, "Go to the ant you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food in harvest. How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep?" This is a direct quote from Proverbs 6:6-9. I know that there is a time for rest and sleeping and Moms with young children don't get me wrong, we NEED to rest and take care of ourselves so we can care for others. BUT for me it had become something more. I was resenting the care of others part. That's a pretty big part of my day. OK, it's all of my day and some nights, too!

I don't miraculously love cleaning toilets or folding the 12 loads of laundry each week but I do love my family and the Lord who blessed me with them. To honor Him I can do those things with a pure heart and a great love for those who will be blessed by my efforts if not my actions. See you bright and early tomorrow morning!!

No comments: