Sunday, February 26, 2006

Movie Night!


We promised to take the girls to see Curious George and tonight we had to make good on our promise. So we called Peepeye and Popeye(Marty and Clay Thomas, Center Director and stand in grandparents) to watch Olivia and took the big girls out for a night of fun!

We left right after naptime and ate in the Mall Food Court. Then headed over to the movie theater and loaded up on movie snacks. I mean we really did it right! We got a large popcorn and drink, Twizzlers, and Junior Mints. What's a movie without Junior Mints? We even got a refill of Cherry Coke halfway through the movie. This was some serious movie watching!!

The girls had a blast and we had so much fun with them. Elise was laughing out loud and this was music to my ears!! I come from a family of loud laughers and it was nice to not be the only one laughing at the movie. Usually the only other people in the movie theater laughing are laughing at me laughing at the movie. What can I say, I love to laugh. There is nothing like a good leg slapper! You know the kind where you throw your head back and really guffaw and the next thing you know your hand is slapping your knee. I tell you if you haven't tried it you haven't truly lived!

The real payoff for the evening was when we were walking back to the car and FaithLyn said, "Thanks Mommy for this great idea!" What a sweetheart! I'm going to choose to believe that was not the sugar talking. What fun it is to make memories!

No comments: