Friday, February 17, 2006

Tossing my Cookies or rather Birthday Cake


I hate being sick! I especially hate throwing up. Dan got sick with an awful stomach virus on Valentine's Day. I made it through the birthday party and then it was all over for me. I knew it was coming on so I ate a huge piece of birthday cake while I still could.

I have limited myself to one dessert a week and I have been looking forward to this chocholate cake for days! So I was very determined to get my cake and eat it too! In most of the pictures of Elise opening presents you can see me shoveling in cake. Boy, did I ever regret that moment of stubborn determination!!

The worst part of being sick is not throwing up or the other part, but the body aches! I slept about 3 hours total last night. I actually did my best sleeping in the bath tub. But, enough of my whining. I am almost back to normal. One night of good sleep and I'll be good as new.

To better days and good night's sleep, and a desire to eat cake again. Well, someday!

2 comments:

Andrea Casey said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Janelle said...

hi! i've been peeking in on your blog from time to time! your family is beautiful!
i'm super sorry you aren't feeling so well! hopefully it went away quickly! but i still think the cake would have been worth it! :)