Ok, it was only two and a half days. I realize that but this trip symbolized something more. The spring is full of work trips for Dan and this was one we usually took together. I know, I am pretty pathetic but we made it through and I didn't fall all to pieces this time. God did show me that I am still to dependant on Dan to be who I need to be when he isn't around. I guess it is one of those crazy windy roads everyone has to travel. You get married and spend the first couple of years trying to figure out how to become one and then you have to figure out how to still function as an individual. It's a crazy fine line and I keep hopping right around it but can't land on it.
Dan had a very good time at the conference and made lots of friends, of course! He came home hours before I was expecting him and we all got to take a walk this afternoon. He got home before the girls even woke up from their nap. They both squealed when Daddy came and woke them up. Then they got to eat some of the treats he brought home for them. What a great day!
Tomorrow is swim lesson #2 and FaithLyn is very excited! Last time I had help, this time it's me and the girls. I am sure it will be fine I just have to get home by 1:30 for the Ministry team meeting at our house. No problem. I live for this kind of craziness!! It keeps me on my toes, alert and fresh! But I better get in bed, I have a big day tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment