
I got a haircut yesterday. I realize this is not a very exciting event for the world but it's big news at our house. It's not really that much different, just shorter. I have been waiting to get my hair cut short until I lost more weight but Hey! life doesn't last forever, right? Fat face or no I like my hair short! It makes me feel younger. I guess because the last time I had my hair this short I was in college.
When I got back and showed the girls FaithLyn said, "Mommy, what are you with that hair?" Later at bedtime she asked me when I was going to take it off. I told her I couldn't it was my hair and she said,"But, Mommy it's like Daddy's." "No, my hair is a little longer." But it's like Daddy's hat." I got a pretty good laugh out of that. The hairdresser, Bev, did use a lot of hair spray and I will never be able to recreate it but I thought it was cute, maybe not. Olivia was a little wary for a while as well. She kept looking at me to make sure it was me. This picture was taken this morning before church. I did my best but I will never be able to do that messy but really hip look with my hair. I like it to look fixed and brushed.

Can I just tell you how much I love being a mom? Despite the fact that I can't figure out how to make Olivia sleep in the afternoon I love this job! For a while I was really not enjoying being a stay at home mom. I woke up every day dreading the endless work and the neediness of my kids. Now I actually am challenged by the work and look forward to doing fun things with the girls. Thank You, Lord, for changing my heart. Hope you all have a great week! I feel confident that we will!
No comments:
Post a Comment