OK, so it has been about a week since I started getting up at 6 instead of 7. This is an embarrassing fact to admit but I decided to be real on this blog so here goes. I have been so tired this week! I have been so tired that I fell asleep at 8 one night and 9 two other nights while watching tv or a movie. Now the only time I have been that tired in the last 5 years is because I have been pregnant. SO, yesterday I actually bought a pregnancy test. I am NOT pregnant, by the way. That's what makes this an embarrassing confession. I have been pregnant for so long that I forgot what it felt like to just be tired. I am sure that in a few more days my body will get settled in to this new schedule, but til then, I am POOPED! If this is what God meant about not being lazy I am not sure I can handle it! It sure has been a productive week though. I am definitely hooked to getting up at 6. I just don't like being so tired at night. I make it to dinner and as soon as I sit down at the table to eat my body just gives up. I have been so thankful that Dan is such a help with the girls.
Olivia's personality is really starting to bloom. She is so much fun. She is starting to play with her teething toys. I almost wrote chew toys, but those are for puppies. Babies and puppies do have a lot of similarities except you can't send the baby outside when you need a break. Anyway. . . When I was expecting Olivia I prayed that she would be a good eater. God is faithful to grant us even the silly desires of our hearts! She is a great eater! She loves green peas. I personally HATE green peas. I think we all have one food that our parents made us eat and because of that we hate them. Well, for me it's green peas. I very specifically remember one meal when my parents made me eat my serving of green peas. I would eat a bite, drink milk, eat a bite, gag, drink milk. It was a very trying experience. Now even the smell of green peas makes me gag. No, Mom and Dad, I am not blaming my eating habits on you. I think, despite my aversion to peas, I turned out ok. Somehow, my child loves green peas. The smell of them all mashed up and runny makes me gag every time! Oh well, I am so glad that she eats. I even bought some of those yucky meat jars. I thought I should give it a try. Maybe she will like them and we will only have one vegetarian. Elise is really more of a fruitarian but you get the point.
Olivia has been so different from the other girls. FaithLyn's first sounds were goo goo. Elise's first sound was an ear piercing squeal. Olivia's first sound? Naa naa. She has moved on to Daa Daa so I am not so concerned. I was so certain that her first word would be NO. She'll learn it soon enough though. They always do.
Funny aside: The other day I told FaithLyn to hurry and eat her breakfast. We had swim lessons to get to and needed to hurry. I said, "We don't have time for all this piddleypooting around. " I got this phraseology from my Dad. I think if you looked in his personal dictionary you would find this definition: Piddleypooting- to waste time. FaithLyn retorted with, "Mommy, we shouldn't talk about that!" She is SOO funny! At least I know she is listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment