I have always been touched by music. Growing up in a Southern Baptist Church gave me a fond love for the hymns. I have always loved the language of music. Tonight, at session, the Lord blessed me with a renewed love for Him and my mission of service for Him through a hymn. I just want to share it with you in hopes that you might be touched through it as well.
Take My Life, and Let it Be
Take my life, and let it be Consecrated Lord, to Thee; Take my hands and let them move at the impulse of Thy love
Take my feet and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee; Take my voice and let me sing always, only, for my King
Take my lips and let them be filled with messages for Thee; Take my silver and my gold, Not a mite would I withhold
Take my love, my God, I pour at Thy feet its treasure store; Take myself and I will be Ever, only, all for Thee, Ever, only, all for Thee.
I kind of made a deal with God long ago that I would only ever sing for him. I love to be in front of people and love acting so I didn't want singing to become something that was mine. I have never sung a solo in front of people since I made that promise. Whether I am good enough to sing for others or not is not my concern. I save that part of myself for my God. I love to sing! But not for others, Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King.
This song so completely portrayed my feelings for my King tonight. I thought it would be a shame not share this beautiful song.
Oh and just for the record, at my funeral, when ever that day may be, Please sing Victory in Jesus. It is one of my most favorite hymns and the song I want those to remember who have gathered to celebrate my life. OH, VICTORY IN JESUS, MY SAVIOR FOREVER. HE SOUGHT ME AND BOUGHT ME WITH HIS REDEEMING LOVE. HE LOVED ME ERE I KNEW HIM AND ALL MY LOVE IS DUE HIM HE PLUNGED ME TO VICTORY BENEATH THE CLEANSING FLOOD. That was me singing. . . .LOUDLY.
Music has always helped me convey my heart for the Lord. Music has a way of touching my soul like nothing else. SO, next time we are together, let's just sing a while!
1 comment:
So, another thing we have in common. A love for hymns. Can't wait until you're here. We'll sing together...regularly. Love you! My favorite? My Jesus, I Love Thee. How Firm a Foundation. I'll keep a running list and we'll sing together next time we're together. Can't wait!
Post a Comment