I don't know anyone who actually enjoys Christmas shopping. I went shopping today with my three daughters, ages 3 and under. I don't normally enjoy Christmas shopping and I really DISLIKE it with three small children. But the real problem is that everyone else Christmas shopping really hates it too. What happens the spirit of Christmas when we are shopping? All the malls across America right now are full of unhappy people who are normally nice and cheerful but because of the season everyone turns intolerant of screaming children and other people trying to find the perfect gift for a loved one. I know this is true because it happened to me today! I was sick of my whining, screaming children. It's no wonder that two women glared at me and whispered, not so quietly, about me and my usually pleasant children. I don't blame them, I was thinking it myself!
Oh well, I have paid my dues to the American economy and helped boost the amount of money spent this Christmas holiday. I was so determined not to bring home a lot of junk. All I can say is I gave in to the pressure that comes with a store crowded with stuff and people. Dan and I really want our girls to grow up knowing that Christmas is the celebration of Jesus' birthday. I just have to pray that we will so more good than harm. Isn't that what parenting is anyway? My heart truly goes out to those families who be left feeling empty and sad after the let down of the holiday rush. Christmas can't just be about gifts because there is always something you want that you will not get or some relative will buy you one of those prepackaged gift sets because they don't know you well enough to buy a gift that you would really like or could use. So why do we all go to the Malls and Wal-Mart and make ourselves and each other sick to death of everything Christmas? I pray that your family and mine can celebrate the true meaning of Christmas this year and find ourselves more fulfilled and full of love for our families instead of glad to be done with them for at least a few months anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment