
Here are my big girls after their train ride at the mall. Aren't they cute?
I am a few days behind with my thoughts. Things are crazy and I am exhausted! The Winter Retreat began today. The open house is on Saturday. Between now and then I have to get the house clean and still live in it. Then I have to continue going to the hotel to participate in the program. So I will be going to the hotel for lunch and cleaning during nap time and back to the hotel after naps and clean at night. All you other moms know what happens in the times I don't mention; shower, get ready, get everyone else ready, breakfast, dishes, make beds, laundry and all the other stuff that has to happen everyday no matter where you are or what else is going on. The sick truth is that I do my best work when I have this kind of pressure. I just need a little outward motivation. I like the challenge of getting organized so that things run smoothly.
I am going to try and keep you all updated on what all we are doing each day. Tomorrow I get to go carolling in the Cove with all of the guests at the hotel. Friday, Olivia is making her acting debut as baby Jesus in the Live Nativity. Then Saturday is our open house from 2-4.
On Christmas Morning we have a Waffle Buffet. The staff(Dan and I and a few others on Ministry Team) cooks so that our cooking staff can spend the morning with their family. It is a tradition that Dan and I would love to continue after we leave here. It helps us to keep the focus of Christmas on serving others instead of unwrapping presents.
Anyway, I love Christmas here! There is snow on the ground and I am surrounded by people who are celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Not to mention we do lots of fun stuff. I hope that you all are enjoying your Christmas holiday and family traditions. If you don't have any, MAKE SOME! That's one of my favorite parts of family is creating and keeping traditions. May God richly bless you as you reflect on His goodness and celebrate his Grace, Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment