You know how some families share Mom and Dad's bed with the kids to promote bonding? It's called the "Family Bed". Well, we have decided to share the family cold. But the only thing it promotes is whining! Everyone has the cold EXCEPT Olivia. Praise the LORD!!! Even FaithLyn has it and she never gets sick! The fact that Momma has the cold has really lowered the level of compassion around the house. I wish that I could say that I continue on with life as usual even when I am sick. That I am compassionate and gentle with my whining, needy, sick children. And I guess that I could say that but I would lying!
It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't just gotten over this cold two weeks ago. Along with Elise who, bless her heart, has a cold or runny nose about every other week. Needless to say we have been watching a little more TV these last few days. The Jungle Book is the movie of choice around here today. Last week it was Wiggly Safari. I still have those songs stuck in my head! We have been doing "the owl" all around the house. I prefer "The Wiggles Hoop-De-Doo Party" myself. It is quite a workout I must say!
Anyway, there is nothing better for a nasty cold than to drag all the sickies outside to run errands in 16 degree weather! Yes, that's right it is 16 degrees outside and that will be the high for today! It sounds an awful lot like I am whining. But I have a cold and that's just what happens when my nose gets stuffy and my head is full of snot!
No comments:
Post a Comment