This morning I had a moment of inspiration. TAKE A WALK WITH YOUR CHILDREN. Well, let's be honest, I wanted to find some berries and pine cones to decorate a wreath for my front door. I do live in the woods. So I decided to get everyone bundled up and go for a walk. The girls love to take walks. I live in Pennsylvania, by the way. It's COLD here. It was about 25 degrees outside when I had my moment of inspiration. For most people that kind of cold might be a little discouraging for an outdoor adventure. But not this Mom! Let's just say we didn't find any berries or pine cones and we had a short walk! Well if you count how long it took us to get bundled up, including four month old Olivia, and take our walk and then take off all of our winter wear we wasted about 35 minutes in total. We have a new playground on our facilities here at the Conference Center so that's how I got the girls to agree to venture out into the freezing cold, with the promise of large slides and fun playtime. The ground was frozen, I had to clear a small bit of snow off of the slides and then everyone got two turns. After that we headed to the Hotel(our confernce center is an old 1884 resort hotel) for some hot chocolate. My wreath is still free from any decoration and the house is still a mess. But we did have a great time playing red light, green light on the way to the playground. I was even able to teach FaithLyn about how water puddles turn into ice. The simple pleasures. SO I will choose to believe that my crazy idea was worth while and the whole morning was not wasted because what could more important than making memories with my kids? And who really cares if the carpet get vacuummed anyway?
When I told Dan why we were out in the bitter cold he told me about a place that I can find berries! I would have to ride the 4-wheeler(ATV) up the mountain to the place where Aaron(a co-worker) shot his bear. Bear season was 3 days last week. How did a farm girl from West Texas end up in this life? All I can say is that God's plans don't always make sense but they are always for the best. Happy berry hunting!
No comments:
Post a Comment