There are some days that you want to throw in the towel as a parent. Then there is one moment, a breath really, that makes all the hard stuff so worth it. Today was one of those days for me. Not a towel day but a worth it day. There is nothing like experiencing firsts with your child. The first smile, the first time they roll over, a laugh, the first steps, it is always miraculous and joyful. Today, I was putting the girls down for their nap and as I leaned over the crib to kiss Elise she said, "I love you, Mommy.". That's all. My heart melted just like it did the first time I saw her precious face. I hope that I never forget how that felt today. Being a parent is hard! In fact it is the hardest thing I have ever done. But I can not imagine any job more satisfying or important for that matter.
Thanks to all you hard working parents that keep loving us hard to love kids! It will pay off. And the pay off will be bigger than we can ever imagine! Love is a funny thing. Love isn't easy, or always fun but true love, the kind we have to work at, never fails!
No comments:
Post a Comment