
The dear couple in the photo are General and Mrs. Buckingham. They are dear friends and neighbors. Their house was one of the stops along the way. What fun it was to get bundled up and walk around in the night air singing praises to our Lord and Savior. We ended up at Katie Brown's house for hot chocolate and other goodies. What fun!
Tomorrow is the live Nativity. It will be my second time to give my interpretation of the Virgin Mother. It is always a sobering role for me. I try to imagine the joy and honor that Mary must have felt to know the Savior before anyone else on earth. The joy of being a part, no matter how small, of the salvation of the world. To see pure love and look Him in the eyes. To know hope and see Him grow. WOW! Tomorrow I get the opportunity to try and put myself in her shoes.
I pray that God would grant me a glimpse of Mary's heart and that others would be blessed as well.
We only have a few more days before Christmas. Don't let the business take your focus off of the true gift of this season. The Love of Christ can be displayed in so many ways. The big and small ways of showing His love to others and especially our family is an everyday act of faith. I have to remind myself that my children are most important mission. If I fail to show Christ's love to them how can I succeed in making others see? Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment