Saturday, December 17, 2005

Mommy's Little Helper


We are having an open house for about 100 people on Christmas Eve. It's something we do with our Winter Retreat here at the Conference Center. So I realized that I should get in gear and make some cookies. I made some peanut butter Reese's Cup cookies, I got this recipe from Diana, Dan's Mom. They always disappear the fastest and they are so easy to make! Then I made some Cream Cheese cookies that my Mom used to make and are some of my favorites. Then I made some Gingersnaps and Snickerdoodles. I am only half way done and so exhausted! Elise was my big helper today. She helped me roll the snickerdoodles in the cinnamon-sugar. We had a great time! She was so cute and very serious about her job. I had to take a picture to mark this occasion so that I can remember it in 10 years when she's too cool to talk to me or spend time with me.
I thought I should give an update on the "family cold". I am feeling much better, and Dan is slowly getting better. The girls are really learning to work this cold thing! I'm sure that they still feel a little under the weather but REALLY! TV privileges are about to be revoked! It's going to get ugly! But I think it is time for an intervintion! I am making a joke out of this but I realize that I am the one that allowed them to overdose on TV. I realized that today when I asked FaithLyn, after her nap, if she still wanted to help me make cookies. She has been asking to help for a week. Her response? "Mmm. . . I think I want to watch the Jungle movie." But Dan intervened and suggested they play outside in the snow. Elise doesn't like the snow so she came to my rescue.
You know, I love my life! Trying to keep my children's brain from rotting in front of the TV, making cookies, open houses, a husband with whom there is never a dull moment! I couldn't ask for a more challenging, demanding job. You have to stay on your toes and when I am not hopping from one almost disater to another, I am thanking the Lord for this crazy life I live. People who think being a stay-at-home Mom is easy, boring, or some other garbage like that have obviously not tried it!

No comments: