Monday, January 29, 2007

Reminiscing

I think David and Ellen and sweet baby Seth are going home today.
Every time a friend or loved one has their first baby I am reminded of my first baby experiences...


Leaving the hospital with that helpless little baby. Having to wait outside of the car for my Dad and Dan to hook up the car seat. The nurse saying "See you next year" and scoffing to myself, Yeah, right! (Prophesy?) Stopping at Wendy's for lunch on the way home!? Filling my pain med precription. The pain meds wearing off while I waited!! How I thought I didn't need any help. How ready I was to get home and do it myself. How bad it hurt when my milk came in for the first time. (Sorry guys, if there are any!) How mad I got at my sweet Mom for offering advice that I now know was great advice!! How greedy I was with my baby. How hard it was to figure out how Dan and I were supposed to work as parents. How tired I was!! (I didn't know anything about being tired yet!!) How I stubbornly did what ever I wanted regardless of the doctors orders on "no Stairs" and "No Driving". How hard it was to get my sweet baby to sleep. My first glimpse of her in the delivery/operating room. That overwhelming love for this tiny creature I was only meeting face to face for the first time. Figuring out what features she had from which side of the family. Trying to imagine her personality.

Those were such sweet times! I am so thankful that David and Ellen are making their own sweet memories to remember later. We have some pretty funny stories of late night fiascos. I hope, David and Ellen, that your memories are sweet, precious, and yes, even amusing!!

Here's to firsts!!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I'm so glad you said something about getting your prescription for pain meds filled. I read it, and I woke up from my sleep deprived stupor, and now David is getting my Percocet. =) Being a mom is amazing. I love it already. Thanks for posting about us.