Since we have Dan around more we are trying to make meal times a family event and priority. This is hardest on Dan because he has to be at class by 8 and the girls always want to spend time with Daddy in the morning. But I am so blessed to have a husband who makes these kind of priorities and then strives to really keep them. Part of our breakfast routine is to pray using our Pray for China daily calendar. It helps us focus on Christ and help the girls learn to pray with us and hopefully make missions an everyday part of our family. It has truly been a blessing for us as a family. We all go around the table and decide who or what to pray for. Everyone prays. Except, of course, Olivia. She has a pass until she can talk. But this morning Elise wanted to pray for Mommy. Dan always helps her with prayers so she was repeating what he said but my heart melted when I heard her sweet little voice say, "Thank you for such a great Mommy!"
I am thankful for such a great Danny! He is always so good to help the girls honor me with the correct language and attitude. I am so prayerful that my attitude and actions toward Dan will foster the correct submission and respect for their earthly and heavenly Fathers.
Yesterday, I spoke of hope and God is so faithful. We got a call from a church we have been in contact with and they want us to come for an interview!! SO, next Tuesday at 4 pm, please pray for us. We are determined not to get ahead of God on this one. I am trying to keep everything in perspective and keep my excitement in check. Unfortunately that isn't as hard as it once was. I see this as a hopeful event but I am a bit jaded by the whole process and able to keep my head a little better.
It is a very hopeful opportunity though. Dan sent in his finished questionarre yesterday and we received the invitation for an interview late last night. It is nice to feel persued. All you ladies know what I am talking about and I am sure you men who have been looking for a job know what I mean too.
Every day God is reminding me is subtle and not so subtle ways that He has a plan for us and we are in good hands.
1 comment:
I'll be praying for you all! Let us know how the interview goes! Sounds like the Lord's been teaching us some similar lessons lately... ;)
Post a Comment