Elise pooped in the toilet BY HERSELF for the first time EVER!!
Now, some you may be thinking, is this really blog worthy information? Well, until you struggle with potty training a child don't even go there!!! Has anyone heard of the book, How to Potty Train in a Day? Well, I say to that, you have never met Elise B.!!! She can not be tricked, conjoled, guilted(not that I would EVER try to guilt my children into anything), or demanded to do anything until she is good and ready!! She can be forced. Everyone can be forced but the last time we tried to manipulate her to poop in the toilet was about 9 months ago.
We thought it was a great idea. Set up the TV in the bathroom and make her sit there until she poops. Well, you can see, 9 months later where that got us!
BUT tonight, (insert Hallelujah chorus) while the girls were taking a bath, Elise got out of the tub and went poop on the potty all of her own accord!!!
I might have mentioned previously that we cut a deal with Elise. I can't say I recommend that you negotiate with your children but potty training can really just throw all those rational ideas out of the water. Anyway, Elise kept saying that she would try when she got bigger. Well she turns 3 in Feb. I told her that 3 was bigger. I asked if she would start pooping in the potty when she turned 3. She said yes. Then Dan had the great idea to offer an early birhtday gift if she happened to do it ahead of time.
SOOO........Here is our Poo-Poo Princess and her very excited support group!
3 comments:
I needed this post! Your story gives me hope. Ian is the same way, no promises, no tricks, nothing works unless he wants to do it!
His newest reasoning for not going on the potty is that his diapers have Elmo, Big Bird, etc, but his potty is just white. I said ok, we can paint your potty, put stickers on it, I don't care how we dress it up as long as he will even attempt to go, but of course, he said No!! His diaps (as he calls them) were just fine and he goes poopy and pee in his diap, not the potty!
So thank you for the hope and inspiration to make it another day! :-)
Whoo-Hoo for poo-poo-ing all on her own!
Good for her! We've had the same experience this past week with Jonah- must be something in the air! (I don't really want to know what!!)
Post a Comment