
Our sweet Elise has begun to develop quite an imagination. Shortly after our most recent move we were talking about making new friends. Elise was talking about her friends from Fort Worth going to church with her and I told her we would just have to make some new friends. Well, said something in reply about making up friends. I tried to explain that we would meet new people and become friends with them but and that we couldn't just make-up new friends. Apparently she caught on to the "make-up new friends" part. Somehow I also said that Daddy needed to find some new friends because he has been friend poor for a while because of his hectic schedule. Well, now we have 4 new friends that appear at our house at various times. I have never actually met them but join us for dinner most nights. These four new friends are Daddy's friends. Their names are Chickakenny(the short one), Chickabenny(the tall one), Kokophony(the other tall one), and Bill(the other one). I am not sure where these names came from but last night Elise decided that Daddy's friends needed names. When we had this conversation a couple of weeks or days ago I had no idea that these friends we were talking about were going to be imaginary friends. But everyday Elise has something to tell or show or share with "Daddy's friends". It is nice to know that Dan doesn't have to worry about finding any friends now. He has 4 that are here whenever he needs them!


We got our new furniture yesterday. It is always fun to get new furniture. But with or without this new STUFF we would feel blessed beyond measure in our new home. We are enjoying it so much and hope that some of you will come and enjoy it too! We are hosting our first Youth Social at the house this Sunday Night. It feels good to get back to what I know how to do. I'll try to remember to take some pictures and tell you all how it goes. But for now, nap time is over....til next nap time!
3 comments:
Your post made me laugh in two ways. The story was funny, but when I scrolled down and saw the pictures I thought you were taking pictures of Dan' new 'friends'. I quickly figured it out, but for a moment I thought you were entering a weird place.
-Ha! I live in that very weird place, I assure you! But somehow when kiddos are concerned it isn't quite so weird! ;)
Good to hear from you, Michael!
Ok, first things first, can I just say it brought tears to my eyes to see beautiful Albert on Ellen's blog!
I really think that Dan has made up the friends and not Elise--he is just trying to throw it back on her so he doesn't look like the weird one :-)
Post a Comment