Saturday, May 5, 2007

Oh. My. GOODNESS. Was that the last time I posted?

Let's see...Since I last posted, we have hosted a youth fellowship at our house, I have signed up to help with VBS,(I am teaching 2nd grade A) Dan went to monday school. OH, that's why I haven't posted. OUR TRIP BACK TO FORT WORTH!....That will have to come later. It still makes me crazy just to think of it. We got our first paycheck, made our first mortgage payment, Dan had Fear Factor Fusion last Wednesday night which included large mealworms, mice, and throw-up juice (*not actual throw up), He also successfully navigated his first service project day on Friday with the youth. Today we got indoctrinated into true Iowa Park citizenry by attending ParkFest. Their local car show and cruise. Fun. If you like to look at cars...but that kind of thing is just lost on me. We did get a good ole fashioned funnel cake though! Oh, and the girls got their summer haircuts. Very cute. I will take a picture tomorrow morning after we get ready for church so that those who care to see, like the grandparents, will keep up to date on the kiddos.

Let's see, we actually have money in the bank and it didn't come from our savings account. SCORE! Dan is taking his finals Monday at Fort Worth and then he can take a good little rest from school and focus his attention more fully here in Iowa Park.

We got to have a date night last night. We went to eat and then just decided to rent some movies and go home. We were both pretty tired. But it was nice to eat out alone and come home to sweet children already in bed.

We are quite settled in to our new home. I already need to do some REAL cleaning. So we must be settled in. But no matter how much we love it here and KNOW that God lead us here, we are still dealing with the transition of a new home, town, job, and everything else. I am not complaining but I was still in this transition in FW and now have to start over from scratch. It helps that we are on staff at a church because everyone knows us, we just don't know them all very well yet. It has been a very welcoming town though. We really like the small town mentality. It is just so exhausting to try and make new friends and get to know people. I have lots of expectations for our home life and Dan has lots of expectations and goals and ideas for the youth group. The great thing is that a new start gives you a clear picture of how you want things to be and what changes you need to make the bad thing about a new start is that you get a really clear picture of how you want things to be and ALL the changes you need to make. So we are trying to remind each other that we can only make progress one step at a time. So we are taking steps in the right direction and trying to hold on to that clear vision we had when we moved here and let God refine that picture with out losing the desire and drive to keep working at it.

We are so thankful that God has kept us moving so that we are more likely to keep our focus on Him. The crazier things are the more we are forced to our knees in recognition of our need for our Savior.

No comments: