Here is the finished product. You can still see some remnants of my frosting lickers! Olivia at least saved some for later on her shirt. Even the apron wasn't enough to save her from the enthusiasm of licking the beaters. These girls were pretty proud. After we put the lid on the cake Olivia sat at the table and stared at it. Every once in a while she would turn around in her chair and just squeal. Then when Dan got home she kept saying, "Cik, peese. Eat Cik, peese!"
Dan was pretty proud of my helpers too. Happy Birthday, Daddy Dan! We sure are thankful for all that you do for us and how well you love us all! May God bless this year with abundant joy as you strive to follow your Savior and allow Him to direct your days. We sure do love you!
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Daddy's Birthday!
Daddy Dan turns 28 today! The girls and I have had a fun time making his cake. It's THE birthday cake. It's pretty famous in our house. It's a chocolate cake that I only make for birthdays and it's been a while since I made it. Diana made it for me on my birthday and that was the last time we have had it. FaithLyn was pretty cute this morning. She came out of her room and smelled the cake baking and had to lay on the couch for a few minutes just to enjoy the cake smells. She later told me I made the best chocolate cake in the world. She's really racking up the points today! I put on my apron this morning so I didn't splatter chocolate all over my white shirt and the girls wanted to wear their aprons too. They wore them most of the morning. I know they won't always want to be just like Mommy but I do so treasure those moments now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Man, oh, man. I wish I was in Iowa Park right now. I WANT a piece of that cake. I mean, I want to see you guys too, but that cake looks GOO-OOOD. Just being honest :)
Happy Birthday Dan!!
I am finally feeling awake enough to catch up on my favorite blogs. First trimester was rough!! I love the new house, the beautiful furniture and can appreciate the fancy fridge. Your girls are so sweet. How do you do it?
Post a Comment