Well, we have successfully made it through our last season of family retreats at White Sulphur Springs. I don't really know how to feel about it. Especially because 3 out of 5 of us ended the retreat with a stomach bug! Sunday night Dan said he wasn't feeling well and went to bed, then I started not feeling well but eventually was able to go to sleep. Then I awoke in the middle of the night to a screaming child and throw up all over Elise's bed. FaithLyn woke up when I came in the room and her first words were not Mommy is Elise OK? She said, "Mommy, I want another adventure." She is hooked on listening to Adventures in Oddessy. Did I mention that I was not feeling well? SO I sat up with Elise for a couple of hours on the bathroom floor while she was sick and the whole time I was thinking, "Please don't throw up on me. Please don't throw up on me!" Every time I went into my bedroom Dan would mumble something about being "so cold". She finally was able to sleep and we all went to bed. The whole night was really quite comical. We are all over the bug and FINALLY over the cold from you-know-where. I hate using our time off to be sick, but at least we were able to rest.
I just have to say how great my husband is. Even though he wasn't feeling 100% today he took the initiative to get started taking all the Christmas decorations down. We got it all done AND Dan cleaned up all the pine needles AND he made dinner while I ran to Wal-Mart! He is the greatest!!! I went to Wal-Mart because we packed up all the Christmas stuff so that it's ready to move. That made me start thinking about ALL the STUFF we have just sitting in closets and drawers. So I decided to get some tubs and go through all the girls clothes and pack them for the move. Once I got started I was amazed at all the clothes we have accumulated! I made the decision to give away the clothes that are going to be the wrong seasons for Olivia and Elise. So I have 4 trash bags full to give away. So, those of you who have given us some of these clothes, Thank You! Please know that someone who doesn't have wonderful family and friends like you will find great joy in these clothes! And a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It is amazing how the things we accumulate can weigh us down. I am definitely not a pack rat!
1 comment:
Nothing like sick children(and a husband) to give you a new perspective! I can't wait for you guys to move--don't throw away one of the kids! I know how you get when you start packing.
We miss you lots!
heather
Post a Comment