
FaithLyn got her hair cut today. Not her "baby's first haircut", but the first serious haircut. She was so cute. I am always amazed at our girls. The times that I always expect the girls to misbehave they are angels. She was so grown up sitting in that chair. She did everything that the stylist told her to do. She has always been very aware of social norms. So I don't know why it surprised me that she inherently knew what to do today. She was very serious. The stylist was so impressed with both of the girls that she gave them both lollipops. That was the highlight of the day!! The simple pleasures of childhood!! I wonder, what was your lollipop today?
My lollipop? Dan made dinner tonight while I went and worked out at Curves! with my friend Katie. He comes home early and I get an afternoon of adult conversation AND exercise. 4-6 o'clock is the hardest time of day for me, so anytime that Dan offers to let me get away from the craziness I jump at the offer!! He takes it very seriously and plans out the meal for each week. I often wonder why God chose to bless me so greatly with a man who loves me so selflessly.
I would love to hear how god blessed you today. So think about it what WAS your lollipop today?
1 comment:
Kelli-
My name is Keri. I am a Fort Worth, TX stay at home Mommy of a precious 3 month old baby girl. I am also a friend of Chad and Erin Gerlt's. I am a frequenter of their blog and one day clicked on the link to your blog and was "introduced" to you and your wonderful family. As a new Mommy I have found your blog to be such a blessing and so spiritually uplifting. You are my favorite new author:)
Anyway... I teach an 11th grade girls' Sunday School class and was hoping I could get permission from you to use an excerpt from your post "Cleaning Out the Closets" for that class. It goes hand in hand with the things we have been discussing in class.
My e-mail is kerigilbert@yahoo.com
Post a Comment