Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Baby Days


I have started feeding Olivia rice cereal. I hoped that it would help her sleep better during the day and it still might but no such luck yet. Ever since the winter retreats she isn't sleeping in the afternoon very well. I have run the gauntlet of ideas, perhaps she is sleeping too long in the morning, maybe she is hungry, I still don't know and am praying that if I just give her a little more time then all will be set to rights.
I think a lot of moms are hopeful that a little solid food in the belly will solve all baby problems. And whether it is warranted or not I am sure that if Olivia does get this nap thing settled the rice cereal will get all the credit. Believe it or not I was a little sad to start the solid food regime. It signified something for me, a last. I don't know. I don't think we are done having kids but even if we do have more it will hopefully be a few years. I don't think I will know what to do with myself if I am not pregnant or nursing!! I almost get giddy just thinking of it. The possibilities seem endless! But at the same time I feel so sad to be closing this door, even if for just a little while. But what am I saying? I am still right in the middle of baby days!!

No comments: