What a day. Nothing especially spectacular happened today. But I am pooped! I have been trying to keep my house clean a little at a time and it ended up too little! SO today I decided I was going to clean the house! ALL of it, TODAY. I knew the girls wouldn't mind because I planned to let them watch TV while I cleaned. I just needed some unintterupted time. That was the theory anyway.
We started by having "room time" while I got my shower. The girls play in their room until I am dressed and ready for the day. Everything went well until time to clean up the room. In an attempt to get FaithLyn motivated to clean her room on her own we have a sticker chart. When she gets 4 stickers she gets a treat. Today she didn't get her sticker. Elise wouldn't pick up the legos, even with me right there helping. So once we had some discipline (Elise deliberately disobeyed me by walking away instead of putting the blocks away) we all went down stairs to watch Winnie the Pooh. (One of my Favorites) Then finally, I got started cleaning bathrooms. Then Olivia woke up an hour early. I got the kitchen floor halfway done and then had to take a break to feed Olivia. Time for Sesame Street. Somewhere in there we has some snacks and juice and a dirty diaper and other diversions. After I fed Olivia and tried to feed her rice cereal then it was time to get lunch going.
I am so blessed to be able to make lunch and enjoy it with my whole family. Dan always comes home for lunch. I will sorely miss this time with him. Naptime and everyone is sleeping. I take a break and catch a few chapters of Sense and Sensibility with Jane Austen. Then Olivia woke up early and I fed her and the other girls woke up. We got The Fox and the Hound going and I got back to the kitchen. Then dinner must get ready. Chicken Enchiladas, rice, beans, and salad. Livie Divie needs another nap Elise has another dirty diaper and company is coming at 6. Oh, I forgot we wrote a note to one of FaithLyn's friends this morning, too. Finally, I get to sit
down and enjoy a meal with friends and family. Then time to feed Olivia agian! Bed time and Ahhh...quiet. Dan is off to play video games and I have an appointment with Miss Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy of Pride and Prejudice on my TV.
Why the run down of my hectic day? Well, I guess I just hope that someone will look at their day and remember what is important. Today, I chose to make cleaning the priority for the day in hopes that tomorrow I could better focus on my girls. Was that the right decision? I am not sure but the girls brains aren't completely rotten from one day of lazy TV watching. All of their needs were met. We even had some good playtime before bed. The house is mostly clean and boy am I going to sleep good tonight!
Even in the midst of all this craziness God blessed me with some sweet treats today. No matter what your day looks like let God determine each step. Are there more important things I could have done? Most definitely BUT what I did today was important, too. My husband deserves to have a clean sink and toilet. It is all part of the cycle and even now it is all beginning again!!! I better get in bed I am suddenly very tired just thinking of it!
1 comment:
ah...there's nothing like a trip to Pemberley when there's lots of housework to be done. ;)
Post a Comment