Tonight at Bible Study we were studying 1Thessalonians Chapter 2. I was impressed with Paul's love for the Thessalonians. He said we not only shared the Gospel with you but our lives as well. He only preached there for three weeks and he loved them. Truly loved them. I want so much to love people. Not my comfortable group of christian friends but those who so desperately need God's love. Is my life a visible representation of God's love. The truth? No. I want to be surrounded by those I know and choose to love. Paul chose to love God's people. He cared for their future and wanted them to share in God's righteousness and glory.
I desire that kind of passion for God's people. I recognize that as of yet I do not have that passion. James 5:15 says the prayers of a righteous man are powerful and effective. I am not righteous except for Christ in me, and that is all I need. I am asking for that passion for God's people. Use me, Lord, to shine Your love to those who are desperately searching for You and know not what will make them whole.
No comments:
Post a Comment