Monday, January 30, 2006

It's Time Again!!

If you don't have children or only have 2 children let me enlighten you as to what shopping is like with 3 children. IMPOSSIBLE!!! We always have Monday's off here since we work the weekends. Today we HAD to go shopping. I am trying to discipline myself with our money to better prepare myself for when we no longer have any. So I made myself wait until the end of the month to go shopping. I mean we REALLY needed to go shopping. Elise was wearing her last diaper and I had to borrow a couple from the hotel for Olivia. We had no more wipes. It was time to shop. I used to look forward to our grocery days. That time is gone!

Did your Mom ever get crazy when you were little and went shopping? Well, I now realize how much I really need to apologize to Mom! In my naivety I thought I would be able to ward off the craziness that I saw my Mother fall into while shopping. All the threats, the bribes, the screaming, the crazy look in her eyes. Well, Mom, first of all, I am so SORRY!! Secondly, I understand now!

Shopping with three children is CRAZY! First, where do you put them all? Olivia is in her car seat so she takes up the seat. Elise goes in the cart but usually has to come out towards the end. FaithLyn walks, or dawdles, or sometimes even crawls. If she holds on to the front of the cart she always moves around to the side and we have already had one cart tumble on top of her and send Olivia across the floor! Wal-Mart has these great carts that have two additional seats added to the front. It's like driving a Mac-Truck! And the girls always get bored and start picking on each other. There is just no easy way to do it! SO why not leave the kids home with Dan, you ask? Well, I don't want to give up my time with Dan to go shopping!! Are you crazy?!

Because I am married to THE greatest guy in the whole world he usually goes with me to shop. Today my sweet husband gave up his morning at home to make a much needed trip to Wal-Mart with me and all 3 girls. Rather than make me go by myself he offers to go with me! Isn't he sweet!? I love for him to go BUT I always end up with more than I intend to buy when he is with me. I can't say no to him! OK, all of you who really know me know I am bending the truth just a bit. But I do spend more when Dan is shopping with me. And he doesn't really enjoy the shopping part. Did I mention the Super Wal-Mart is 45 min. away? So my sweet husband offered to take the girls to the mall and let them play at the play area. GREAT IDEA!!! I am not so sure he thought it was such a great idea two and a half hours later when I finally came and picked them up! But he tells me that he likes to visit with me on the way there and back so he keeps offering to go.

Today's shopping trip was a long one but I only had one screaming child this time instead of three. I didn't have to make any threats, bribes don't work with Olivia yet and I am pretty sure I didn't get crazy eyes! I only forgot a few things so all in all a good days work! We had some good conversation with Puff the Magic Dragon and Baby Beluga softly playing in the back ground. We even made it home for lunch. Elise is the only one who fell asleep on the way home. Two out of three actually sleeping during nap time is a pretty good thing.

I know the girls will always look forward to our shopping trips with Daddy even if Dan isn't always excited about them. He is the greatest Dad, best friend and most thoughtful husband!!

No comments: