Saturday, February 24, 2007

THE Update

I know, I know. We were supposed to find out what was going on last Wednesday, so why has it taken me SO long to let the rest of you know? Well. I am sorry, this has been a lot more stressful than I imagined it would be. But I am getting ahead of myself. Let me back up and start from the beginning or at least last Wednesday.

We didn't get the call until Thursday night at about 9:00. So Wed. was a pretty sad day. You know some of the details of Wed. from my last post. BUT we made it through another day and I was so caught up in the lastest episode of Grey's Anatomy thatI forgot to be waiting for the phone to ring! It was a tear-jerker. Anyway, then . . . . . the phone rang. My heart stopped just like it did every time the phone rang since Wed. afternoon. Long story short, we will be going to Iowa Park, in view of a call on March 25. Of course, this is all subject to their review of our credit report. . .so we will be going in view of a call on March 25! We have spent the last couple of days trying to figure out how to get pre-approved to buy a home and I haven't slept very well since, oh, last week.

Ok, ladies, tell me what you think of this. I have more free time at home than Dan so I thought I would start doing some research on first time home buying and home loans. I think it was a good idea but I made a mess of everything and all the information I collected assured me that we had no business buying a home and that we should just rent for at least 6 months! We really felt like that was just not the best idea for us and I was so worked up and laid it all on Dan as soon as he got home from work. NOT a good idea, ladies. Then I spent another restless night dreaming of scary loan papers and man eating houses. So, Dan wakes up this morning and calls our bank and has us pre-approved for a ridiculous amount of money in about. . .30 minutes!!! Are you kidding me?! I did at least 4 hours of internet research and EVEN talked to the same Bank that Dan talked to!? HUH? I guess the difference is he spoke in Man language and I was just "asking some questions".

You might like me to clarify for you my definition of MAN LANGUAGE. Here goes. Men often talk with each other in exaggerated truths. They speak as if everything is right on and WILL happen. It's a get er done kind of mentality. Women, well maybe not you, but I usually speak as if good things are a small possibility or COULD happen.

Apparently that makes all the difference in the banking industry. I just don't know how to speak the lingo apparently. Or it could be the fact that I have NEVER in my life talked to a realtor about buying or selling a home. I have never tried to take out a loan. I have never even seen other adults go through this process. I am CLUELESS!! So I was a little upset when Dan swooped in and in 3/4 of the time had every question of mine answered satisfactorily and had us in contact with a realtor in Iowa Park. Don't get me wrong, I am SOOO thankful that Dan is a genius when it comes to these kinds of things I just wish I could have forgone the hours and hours of worry and torment that our future was indeed doomed.

I know I could have forgone this time of despair if I had simply trusted the words and promises of my Lord, but. . . I didn't. I worried and despaired because my little brain couldn't wrap around how God was going to do this. There are still some scary questions that need to be answered. But those are questions that don't have to be answered right this moment. Somehow I am ok with waiting to find these answers.

SO if the Lord keeps leading the way we feel He is leading then we might possibly be moving into our first home sometime around April 1.

That's the update. For those of you that we promised phone calls to, they are coming, please be patient. The next few weeks are going to be CRAZY!!

Between now and then we have to(get to) find a house, go look at it, make an offer, get the FW house organized so it will be easier to pack up, go visit WSS and all our other loved ones in the PA area, Dan has some papers to write, school to attend, and a job to finish up. Oh, and then he needs to think about what to say to the whole congregation in Iowa Park on that Sunday morning. If we seem distant or uninvolved, please give us a little grace. We have never done this whole "American Dream" thing before so we need some time to figure things out.

But Yeah! We are so excited about the direction God is taking us. I can't wait to give you more details about this church body. The youth group sounds pretty amazing and didn't I mention the 5 youth workers who have kept it going since the last youth pastor left in Sept.? But, it isn't a Done Deal, not yet anyway. We are trusting God to lead us through every step we have to take between here and there and we trust that He will lead us to exactly where we need to be and we are praying that He will protect our hearts from moving ahead of His plans for our family. We would still covet your prayers. And I am sure I will find some time to let you all in on the craziness along the way.

2 comments:

Andrea Casey said...

Yippee!!! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to hear more! Will continue to keep you in my prayers!

Shannon said...

I don't know if you'll remember me from HSU or not (McLenithan was my maiden name. I lived across the hall in Hunter and was roommates with Erin Sanders, I was on the prayer team with Chris Clayman...), but I wondered if you're talking about Iowa Park, TX...? If so, I live there with my family! I found your blog by accident when I was researching other real estate stuff out here (we're thinking of moving on base, but may need a temporary rental place), and I wanted to offer to help. We know a great realtor, and having just bought our first house out here nearly 3 years ago, things are still pretty fresh, and now we know the area! Anyway, I'll stop there for now, but you can reach me at shannon.scraps@sbcglobal.net if you want to. :)