Now: Feb. 16, 2007
Happy Birthday, ELISE DANIELLE!!
We are still trying to figure out what traditions we want to make part of our family. We both agree that birthdays are special. So Dan had the idea that I take Elise out for a very special birthday lunch just me and her. Dan took the girls to the Science and Cowgirl museums this morning to give me a chance to recoup after another night of sad, sick Olivia. He did a great job of preparing and building the excitement for our special birthday lunch.
Elise decided that she wanted to go to Chick-fil-A. FINE with me!! Beats MickeyD's any day!! So we talked about what she was going to order on the way and I took the birthday hats and noise makers along for a little treat. She was more interested in the noise maker than her lunch and I didn't even make eating an issue. I just let her enjoy her time with just Momma with out all the rules and regulations that usually accompany me. 
Then I let her pick what ever treat she wanted. She picked the brownie and a chocolate milkshake. I didn't even bat an eyelid when I realized she had taken one bite of chicken and one bite of strawberry. This is a special occasion, I say!!
Well, Mommy ended up eating the brownie and now that she is napping I am also finishing off the milkshake. Hmm...it's a good thinkg this is a once a year thing!
Check out those green eyes, Aunt Angie!
I am learning so much about this sweet little girl!! She is so very different from her sisters. Not that I am surprised but it is becoming so much more evident with each passing day. She is a little bit too much like her mom if you ask me. She is very independant but not in a loud pushy sort of way. That is all her own though because I have always been a little pushy about getting my way. She doesn't do anything until she decides that she can do it and do it well. This child will not settle for second best or mediocre. She has either mastered a skill or yet to try accomplishing it! Let's take potty training for instance. The last you heard she had finally gone poo-poo on her own. Well, now a few weeks later she is completely potty trained and has gone for at least a week and a half with NO accidents of any kind!! She's done. She doesn't even wear a pull-up for nap time. She makes it most nights with a dry pull-up. Skill mastered. I am sure there will be some accidents but this kid is amazing!! She just decided it was time! She is very grown up now.
I have learned that sometimes she needs a little push to help her get started but push too hard and she will shut down!! This kid can not be manipulated.
I am so thankful for her strong spirit. I am praying that she will carry that determination with her always. I pray that it will serve her well in those delicate years of peer pressure and the need/desire to fit in.
I have also learned that Elise knows what she likes and once she has decided that is that. There is no wishy-washy back and forth with this little girl. One day she decided purple was her favorite color and it has been ever since. Her favorite sandwich is Peanut butter and Jelly. That is what she wants for lunch, EVERY DAY!! She loves milk!! Would rather drink milk than water and sometimes even juice. Snuggle Bunny has been her bedtime pal since birth and she calls him Snuggs.
She is also a very good big sister. Elise would rather play with Olivia in Olivia's room than watch TV. No arguments here! She always trys to include her baby sister in what ever she and FaithLyn are doing. She never asks me to let Olivia play in her own room with the gate up. She wants everyone to be included. When she sleeps with someone, she is a cuddler. IF we are all watching Curious George in the afternoon she would much rather sit in my lap than on the couch by herself. If I am reading a book to the girls, my lap is her favorite place. Sometimes when I go in to kiss her goodnight she wraps her arms around me and says, "Mommy, I want you to sleep with me."
I know there will come a day when she won't even want or need me to come in and kiss her goodnight. But I know that she will always have her way of letting me know that she loves me. She is very good at making people feel special and she is very loyal. She has a heart of gold. I love this little girl and I am so proud of her. I trust that the Lord will cultivate that golden heart and use this sweet, tiny, little girl for His wonderful purpose. I pray that I can be a large part of that cultivation.
Then: Feb. 16, 2006
This a picture of Elise at her party last year. I remember thinking she was so grown up then. I have learned so much about this girl in the past year. She is growing up and I love her more every day I get to know her.
Happy Birthday, Elise. You are such a blessing and I am so thankful for you. May God bless you as you grow into the woman He created you to be.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Elise!
She sure does sound like a special little girl! But how could she not be?! She's yours and Dan's daughter! :)
Post a Comment