Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Best Friends in the WHOLE Wide World!

Today is Dan's interview. I have to admit it has gotten very hard for me to keep my perspective clear on this thing. Let's just face it, I am a drama queen. I confess. So it's pretty safe to say that my emotions often run away with me. I create these elaborate scenarios in my head. I know that I shouldn't because if I do I will more than likely be disappointed.

I realize it is doubtful that all of the people we meet with today will look at each other and feel the spirit leading them all at the same time to call us to this postion. I understand that there are certain protocol for situations like this. I know in my mind that they will not take us on a tour of my dream house that they have taken upon themselves to find and purchase for us. But in my mind's eye, I have a very elaborate idea of how things will go this afternoon.

I guess that's why the Lord has made it possible for me to accompany Dan at this interview. To knock a little sense back in to my overly active imagination. I wanted desperately to go. I wanted to make sure that I felt the same peace in this small town and loving church that I overwhelmingly felt at our last visit. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't my active imagination that created the connections I felt with the committee members. I also didn't want to have to hear about it second hand from Dan. He is a great storyteller but, bless his heart, he isn't the best about remembering the details of day to day. He might miss that one crucial facial expression, or be oblivious to that underlying question that everyone implied but didn't ever ask. Not that I will be vocal during the meeting, well, I am praying that God will help me, Today of all days, be the helper suitable that Dan deserves. I know Dan will represent us well whether I am present or not but to experience this first hand and be able to know right away if I can hold out hope or move on with my heart, that is a gift that I wasn't expecting.

Unfortunately, my good fortune comes at a price for those dear ones who are so willingly making it happen. Gerlthouse agreed to keep our clan this afternoon and into the night. They even offered to let the girls spend the night!! The only catch is, this is Chad's first real day off since he returned from a 10 day business trip! I am still a little ashamed of myself for even asking it of them but they are such gracious friends and hopefully they will give us the opportunity to return the dear favor. I am dealing with some guilt about it but I am also so very thankful to have this opportunity and a little time with just Dan.

We have so blessed by so many who have sacrificed for us in so many ways. Thank you Gerlthouse for your sacrifice of love and I am praying that God will bless you for it. What dear friends we have. Thank You, Lord, for this sweet treat right around V-Day and thank you for such loving, caring friends who make it possible!! We love you, Gerlts!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

What happened at the interview!!! Your public wants to know! Big hugs to everyone.