Has anyone out there seen that TLC commercial about life lessons? The one that says Merlot and email don't mix? Well, apparently for me PMS and blogging don't mix!! Not a good idea! That stupid post has been plaguing me since I posted it. I am afraid that I didn't portray my meaning well. I was very honest about my emotions that, clearly, were unstable. I was only trying to show how stupid I had been.
God has put me in a place to give to others right now, and I love to give to others. I also have lots of great friends that are giving tons to me despite their crazy schedules too but my poor friend got caught in the crossfires of balancing giving to others and (wrongly) expecting to recieve from some. I am so sorry dear friend if I made you look back on your actions and doubt yourself.
Recently I have realized that I don't want to be one of those people who imposes my own ideas of justice on others over God's ability to deal with individuals and perhaps his desire to deal with me. You see I have come in contact with a person that deals with conflict in a way that I don't necessarily agree with. This individual, in my opinion, tries to teach the offender a lesson rather than being honest with the person and confronting them in love. And I just don't agree with that. I think we need to treat individuals with the same love, grace and mercy we have received. Jesus called us to love our neighbor as ourself. So I try to remember that in a conflict.
Well.
As much as I am opposed to this theory I was practicing it myself!! That's a bit ironic, don't you think? Anyway...my realization of my own self-righteous attitude towards this persons conflict resolution opened my eyes to my own lesson teaching conflict resolution. That was the point of the last post. Not anything else that I may have very emotionally rambled about. But I learned that no matter what the conflict, or even if our feelings get hurt, there is always someone else involved and that some one else is worth a little thought and compassion. It's so easy in conflict to think of how I am affected by this incident but Jesus calls us to think of others and it is usually worth the time spent if you can put yourself in their skin for just a moment.
1 comment:
Kelli,
Hey girl! I have posted things like that before too and regretted them. The cool thing is about blogging... you can always delete a post. I do that a LOT. I have been working on not getting TOO personal on the blog, because sooo many random people read it. Just a thought. When I struggle with complaining or venting or sharing something personal (not that you were, I'm talking about me), I go back and delete it.. and I'm about to delete that silly comment someone made on my last entry (for another example). Just learn from it. Sanctification station is what I call most things like this in my life. I am OFTEN emotionally unstable, more times than I care to share, and these thoughts (that I usually regret the next morning) I try to share only with my journal. :) Someone would think I was suicidal if they caught my journal on the wrong day. The blog can be a super way to share, but Dustin's encouraged me not to share TOO much. Just my random thoughts on this, though I am removed from whatever this situation was. We all love you and love your blog. Press on!!
Post a Comment