Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Hard Lesson

The discretion of a man makes him slow to anger,
And his glory is to overlook a transgression" Proverbs 19:11

"There are many plans in a man's heart,
Nevertheless the LORD's counsel-that will stand." Proverbs 19:21

"Do not say 'I will recompense evil';
Wait for the LORD, and he will save you." Proverbs 20:22


I encountered these verses in my study time this morning. They smacked me in the face! But I have to be honest, I knew it was coming! Here's a little background...

I have been very emotional the last two weeks. God has placed me in a time that I am giving way more than I have ever given before. I believe he brought me here so that I could learn to turn to him in order to recieve what I need. Because let's face it folks, 12 hours a day with three kids 4 and under, well that'll just suck it out of you! And in this emotionally dry period the Lord has placed some people in my life that need me. I am so thankful to be needed but I just ran out of things to give and I just wanted someone to do something for me. I think most women are bad about letting this kind of thing build up and build up until you eventually just explode. Well this was the week of Mount St. Kelli. I had given so much to others that I was dry and the only thing coming out of me was poisonous fumes!


I took a step this morning to release that poison that infected my whole life for this past week and half. I got up this morning to spend some time in the word and BAM! That smouldering volcanoe that was just under the surface fizzled and died completely when I read those verses above. What a heavy burden I have been carrying. I feel so small and ignorant! I spent so much energy being hurt and carried so much emotion because of that and I wasted a whole week being depressed and sullen and moody.

"There are many plans in a man's heart,
Nevertheless the LORD's counsel- that will stand." Proverbs 19:21

1 comment:

sarahdodson said...

Thanks for sharing that, Kelli. You don't know me, but you left me a comment on my blog (thank you!) so I decided to come see what yours was about. Too often (tonight, for instance) I get my eyes on ME and what I want, how I feel, etc. When we do that, we miss out on so much. I, too, am a homemaker and I thoroughly enjoy it. I'm very thankful for the privilege!
sarah
ps. How good God's word is in whatever our situation is!