

Books have played a very important role in my life. I love books, I love to read, and I love reading to my kids. I was an English major so that I could read and get a degree for it. I studied to become a teacher so I could help other kids to love reading. Now I am a mom and I hope to instill a love of reading in my children.
I also love free activities for my kids! I found out about a book signing "Pajama Party" with Laura Numeroff, the author of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and that whole series of books. She has a new book out called When Sheep Sleep. We had to drive a long way to get there and unfortunately we missed her reading of this book but we got to hear her read one of her other books and answer some questions. Then she signed our books for us. We were there for 30 mins. maybe and I was glad we did it but I wasn't sure it meant anything to the girls. This morning FaithLyn told Dan about our pajama party with the lady who read to us. I am so glad she at least remembered! That made the traffic and long drive worth it.
Happy Reading, All!!
1 comment:
Wow, am I jealous. SO sad that we couldn't get there with you. It looks like you guys had fun! I can't wait to see your signed books! Miss you-
Post a Comment