I am a really good starter. I can get things going like nobody else. I have the vision, the drive, the motivation, the know-how to get things moving in the right direction. BUT, once things start going well I usually lose my motivation. I have this house in great running order! But PLEASE, PLEASE, don't look in my garage or in my back yard!! I hate, I mean really dislike, putting things away. Anything, laundry, dishes, anything, I hate to put things away. I can clean, I can keep things picked up, but if things get really messy it is like pulling teeth for me to get the motivation to put things away. So you can image what laundry day is like at my house; the clean clothes are lying everywhere in piles, or neatly folded and stacked on the couch or the floor.
In order to get my house livable, I put everything I didn't need right away in the garage. SO my garage is a bit of a mess. Today, I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands. I am not sure who elses hands these matters have been in but now it's all me! The girls were getting a little stir crazy from being inside for the last 3 or 4 days so I decided we would spend the morning outside while I worked on the garage. The girls played and whined, and played and cried, and went in and out and back and forth and well the bottome line is, Things have to get worse before they can get better. I got the stupid flimsy shelves I biught for the garage put together and two hours later VIOLA! The garage is still a mess but we have some cheap, flimsy aluminum shelves!!
When we moved here I was a little disappointed that my washer/dryer hook-up were in the garage. I say a little because I was so happy to have them at all!! But I have totally changed my mind about that!! It is genius! I can do laundry all day and the house never gets any hotter and no one sees my mess!! I LOVE IT!!!
There are lots of things I love about our little house. It is MUCH smaller than our WSS dream house but it is nice, well kept, quicker to clean, and big enough for all of us! It is quickly growing on me. It feels like home and I like it. I promise to have some pictures for you soon but I have to finish the garage first. This time I am determined to be a good finisher!! OK, it may not be soon but eventually I will post some pics for you all. Or, you could just come and see for yourselves!
It just occured to me, most Seminary housing doesn't even have garages!! What would I have done then?? Thank You, Lord!!! for garages, cute houses, new beginnings, and your faithful care!!
2 comments:
Good stuff, Kelli Bragdon. Way to go. Can't wait to see all of your hard work! Press on, sister. Love you. And LOVE having you here!!!
Hey Kelli~
Hope you guys have had a good couple of weeks! We too are so very glad you are here and I think Ian is hoping Elise can show him some more daredevil stunts!
Post a Comment