I have to make it quick. A.) Because Little House on the Prairie comes on in 15 min. B.) I am waiting for the bug man to come and spray the house for roaches. Both events make me cry but one is a good cry and the other is not. I'll let you decide which is which.
Roaches are what Satan uses in my life to break me! We have a long history. I even wrote a poem about the nasty little creatures. It was quite a healing experience. Anyway, I woke up yesterday and walked into my livingroom and there he was! Three inches of nasty evilness on my wall between the TV cabinet and the curtains. You may be thinking, Kelli, it's only a bug!! And you are so right! I feel the same way or I did until last night I went out into the garage to get a screwdriver, I was putting together a bookcase, and there to my overwhelming disgust was a whole group (ok, only 3 or 4) of roaches crawling all over an empty box right next to the tool case!! Coincidence? It could be, but I think not! Dan came to my rescue and killed one or two with the hammer. Believe me they were DEAD!! I was able to recover my senses enough to sleep soundly but I did have to go and check on the girls before I went to bed. While I was there a sincere prayer slipped from mind to the Creator, "Lord, please keep those nasty things off my girls!"
I am so thankful that I live in a place where we can just call the housing office and they say, "Sure, we will have someone over on Friday sometime after noon." I just have to tell you, I am learning that I serve a God who is Master over all creatures! These roaches, they will not have the victory!! They will not beat me and I know for a fact that they will not beat my Lord and Savior!! He is the King, even over roaches!
Now, if you will excuse me, I have a date with the Ingalls family.
No comments:
Post a Comment