
There are a few details I forgot to mention about our vacation.
I forgot to tell you that on Tuesday I went for my second tanning session. About 4 or 5 hours later I noticed an uncomfortable pain all over my body! Needless to say I cancelled my next two tanning sessions and didn't get to go for my massage and facial. I can't tell you how silly I felt! But the pain is gone and all of the parts of my body that no one will ever see are a nice golden brown.
I also forgot to mention that my shopping trip was inspired by way to many episodes of TLC's show "What Not To Wear". The only purchase I am regretting are the pointy toed brown heels I bought. I only regret those because I think I might have bought them a half size to small. The hosts on the TV show always stress buying the right sizes, I guess I got a little carried away by the sale.
Just so you know where I am spiritually and what I am dealing with right now I'll tell you a few things I am mulling over.
Dan and I have been discussing what kind of work he should look for when we get to Ft. Worth. We aren't worrying, at least I am not, yet, but just thinking through our options. Dan would really like to find a job that utilizes the skills he has developed here. I said, OK, let's find a church where you can serve as a college minister. I am not sure that is exactly what he had in mind but it is still an option. He wants to start an Adventure Guide business and work with churches. There are numerous options, some others are: gutter cleaning, window washing, landscaping. All of which, I pointed out, would need a truck in order to make happen. Dan will do well with what ever God places him in, But we are just praying and planning right now. I know God has a plan and I am very open to what ever it is and at this point I am not in a crazy rush to find out. We'll talk in a few months and the story may be different.
I was reading Proverbs this morning and these verses just popped out at me and has stuck with me all day, "The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty." Proverbs 21:5 and "A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor." Proverbs 22:9 These two particular verses grabbed me because I think Dan is honoring God in both of these and they give me uspeakable comfort and peace. I know that Dan will be diligent in providing for us and he is so very generous! I have learned so much from him about giving to others. I have always loved to share what I have and I have been so blessed to be united with someone who shares my passion and even exceeds it! I know that in a few months we will be in a new economical situation. But I dare not say we are poor! In the eyes of the government we are poor right now. But I have never been so blessed financially or any other way. So I feel certain that our new circumstances will not change the heart of my husband for others. That makes my heart swell with gratitude to the Lord for such a husband. I am also thankful that he is planning looking forward but not so much that he is missing the here and now. It is fine balance. I am sure you bread winners out there understand the balance much better than I. At a time when I should be getting more and more nervous about the instability of our future my Lord is giving me an overwhelming sense of calm and peace. Our world is so busy and fretful any way, I am thankful to not have to join that busyness just yet.
May the peace of God's assurance and provision rest on you all this day and always.
No comments:
Post a Comment