We made it back safely from New Braunfels. It was a wonderful time of remembering and celebrating Grandpa Ramsey. I will have a proper update full of pictures and fun stories as soon as I get them on the computer.
Today I just wanted to share a few of the ways that God has been meeting our needs.
Can I just say that if you doubt that God cares for the details in your life, then keep reading!! I have LOTS of proof that that is just not true!
Elise is having a birthday on Saturday. Dan and I have been talking about what to get her. Today was the day for me to go shopping with out her so I loaded up StudMan and we were off. I had a few ideas; a doll house, a baby doll, anything imagination play.... I also had a $ amount. I knew it was unlikely that I would find a doll house for the given amount. But I went and looked anyway. I couldn't find anything remotely close to anything we thought she might like. I was sad, discouraged, and running out of time. I didn't have time to run all over town and shop at thrift stores. My time is WAY more precious than money right now. Dan and I were on the phone brainstorming ideas and I looked down some random row and saw clearance items. I turned in and to my delight was THE doll house. It was marked down $25. To the EXACT price we had agreed to spend. Now tell me God doesn't care about the details!!! It was the only doll house and the only thing at the right price. My God is SOOO GOOD!
We also recently got our cash reward on our credit card. It paid for all of the gas for our recent trip to see family. We even have a few dollars left over. My God knew whe hadn't budgetted for that extra expence, but he got us there!
We have also received several money gifts over the past few days. We will be able to go out for Valentine's Day!
The biggest surprise came tonight at church. We are having our winter bible study. It's kind of like a revival with meals and a speaker afterwards but a lot less hellfire and brimstone. We are studying Romans. Anyway, I was digging in my purse for a pen and I come across some trash. I pull out a piece of notebook paper folded up. Then I see my name. I open it up to see what it is because I don't remember having a note in my purse. Before I can read the note I see the wad of bills that the note was cloaking! The note was, of course, anonymous. But this was the good anonymous; the get your reward in heaven anonymous. Not the this is what I really think of you but don't have the guts to put my name on it anonymous.
I can 't say it enough. My God is SO GOOD. He can meet our needs. He always has. It is hard to have faith when you can't see how things will work out. But it wouldn't be faith any other way! Believe me, this is one area that God doesn't mind us testing him in! I dare you to trust him to meet your needs. Go to him for everything. Even the things that you think won't matter. He listens and He cares! He is ever so faithful!
1 comment:
Incredible! Thanks for sharing! :)
Post a Comment