You know I realized that when you are inside the four walls of your home for a few weeks your world gets pretty small. I needed a fresh perspective. I got one tonight. I can gladly deal with ear infections, snotty noses, chronic coughs, and minor skin infections! Thank You, JESUS that my kids are healthy. They do not have any long term illnesses. When this bit of sickness is done I will be able to leave my house and resume regular life. But even if this was regular life....I would do it. I would choose this and I would learn to make it productive and exciting for the kids and myself. But THANK YOU, LORD that I am not faced with that particular challenge. My world got pretty small. I lost focus and I forgot that it could be SOOO much harder. Life is good and we are so blessed.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Weekend in Review
You know I realized that when you are inside the four walls of your home for a few weeks your world gets pretty small. I needed a fresh perspective. I got one tonight. I can gladly deal with ear infections, snotty noses, chronic coughs, and minor skin infections! Thank You, JESUS that my kids are healthy. They do not have any long term illnesses. When this bit of sickness is done I will be able to leave my house and resume regular life. But even if this was regular life....I would do it. I would choose this and I would learn to make it productive and exciting for the kids and myself. But THANK YOU, LORD that I am not faced with that particular challenge. My world got pretty small. I lost focus and I forgot that it could be SOOO much harder. Life is good and we are so blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so true! I like to remind myself of that same truth when I start pitying myself! Thanks for the reminder though. By the way, my kids sport the same breathing treatment mask. Well - Caleb doesn't because he constantly rips it off his face so we have to choose a different method!
Post a Comment