WOW! It just won't stop raining!! If we wanted to keep our yard in good shape we would have to mow every 3 days! Good thing we aren't too concerned about that.
It's flooding all over the place. No one knows what to think or do. This just isn't supposed to happen. The plants and grass are all in shock and we actually have some green algae like substance growing on our back porch!
Not to mention that we just aren't equipped for this kind of weather. None of the houses in our neighborhood have gutters. Our chimney is leaking. Oh, and did I mention that the bugs are all a bit confused as well? They love the muggy mild weather but the rain has them kind of freaked out. I think they held a meeting and decided that the best plan for them was to come and camp out at my house! And by bugs, I mean roaches. I have commented on how I feel about roaches before so I will spare you the details of my long, LONG, journey to overcome this deep seeded hatred for roaches.
But every time it rains we find about 4-5 roaches dead or dying in our house. Don't even get me started on the garage. But because of my dislike of roaches I know how to deal with them (kill them). One of the girls favorite things to do in the morning is to go searching for dead bugs. FaithLyn has realized that if she could overcome her fear of the bugs she could make herself invaluable in the family. She has become the new hero around here. The first bug was discovered while I was unable to help so she went and got her shoe and stomped it while Elise hung out on the fireplace. Ever since then she has been my number one roach hunter. The other girls are a lot less afraid now too. They enjoy pointing them out for the shoe squashers. But Dan and I are the squashed bug collectors. We get to do the dirty work and if Dan is around I let him hold that title alone.
But every time it rains, which is about 2-3 times a day, more bugs find there way in. And this week it has rained every night! It's raining right now. I would go and look for more bugs but I don't want to spoil the girls fun when they get up from their naps. I mean we have to get our excercise somehow!
4 comments:
TOO funny about your girls! They'd be my heros too!! We finally gave up on the weather turning pleasant again and made a day of puddle-splashing, collecting rain in buckets to later dump on our heads, and catching raindrops on our tongues...I even joined them for a while! And once we donned swimsuits, why, it was better than running through the sprinkler! :) I hope the bugs start to recognize your house as an insect death trap soon!
Hmm, it seems that your new digs are quite critter friendly. I'll be praying that they all decide to make someone else's house their new hangout joint. =) I think we've got all the houses we want to see lined up. Cross your fingers for us. =)
It's amazing to hear how much rain Texas is getting hammered with right now! Oh..those roaches! No fun at all!
Our house is being swarmed with mosquitos, so even when the rain stops, just walking through the yard results in red whelped arms, legs and faces. I know that they have been coming in too!!! Every morning the kiddos wake up with new red bumps on their little faces!!! Poor things!!! I love the rain, but I'm not too keen on the mosquitos!!! Hahaha!!!
Post a Comment