But we felt like Olivia's efforts should be recognized too. She got this really cool swing and she is pretty pumped about it!!
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Hard Work really Does Pay Off!
For about 6 long weeks now the girls have been very diligent in doing their chores to make sure they could stamp off every spot on their chore charts. The end goal was two fold. First, and in my opinion, most importantly the girls have developed some great new helpful habits. Secondly, they both got to work for their very own brand new bikes with training wheels! We have made a couple of trips to look at bikes to keep the enthusiasm going and FaithLyn has wanted a princess bike almost the whole 6 weeks. Elise fell in love with this Dora bike recently and it is just her size. We had such fun picking out helmets. Dan and I have a hard time remembering why helmets are necessary but we bought them anyway.

Olivia has done a great job mimicking her big sisters and she has been very helpful too. She has really learned how to help pick up her room and put shoes away and help set and clear the table. I am so glad that this helped the girls enjoy helping in those ways. I am just praying it lasts!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hooray for your girls! What a great way to get them excited about helping. :)
Wow!!! I am sooo impressed!!! We are working on ways to get the girls interested in helping...well, Zoe's really just now ready to be a great help around the house!!! This is inspiring!!! I'm going to go to work thinking of something that will inspire them... ;) Great job!!!
Post a Comment