Monday, February 23, 2009

Picture Update

Here are a few pics to update you. This is Elise's birthday party. I now know why parents spend tons of money to NOT have the party at home. WHEW! From now on we will adhere to the 3-4 friends birthday party! This was CRAZY! It was like Girls Gone Wild: Preschool edition! At one point we had about 5 little girls naked in the back closet changing into dress-up clothes.....Dan called me back to ....help? I just turned around and left. I didn't know what to do. These girls had minds of their own.
You see we have a rule that dress-up is worn OVER your clothes. I simply knew that if we let the girls change their clothes it would 1. be a huge mess. I am not a fan of messes and let me remind you that we have 3 little girls. SO mess x 3! 2. They would strip their clothes off when ever they wanted to play.......just seemed like a disaster waiting to happen. 3. I didn't want to fight with my darling little girls who decided they would be snow white all day no matter if Mom did need to go to the store. It's just easier all around.

Apparently not all moms think like this. Everyone had a really good time at the party, I think. Dan planned a scavenger hunt that ended up in the cave he made out of our laundry room. If you look at the picture below you can see the X that marks the spot on the laundry room door.
That took about 6 minutes. It was fun. They all liked it. I am glad it is over. When the girls arrived they decorated their crowns. That really was a lot of fun and everyone enjoyed that. Not to mention it kept them occupied for a good 20-30 minutes!

Here's the cake I made for her. It's supposed to be a crown but....well it is what it is...


Here we are at Elise's V-Day party at her preschool. Isn't she cute?



This is a cute one of the kids playing when The Barkers came to visit! So much fun!




It is hard to get a shot of 4 kids all looking at the camera. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a shot of 7!






5 comments:

The Mize of Texas said...

Looks like the party was lots of fun! Tell Elise, "Happy Birthday!" from all of the Mizes!

stella g. said...

so i've taken the mental notes about all b-day parties NOT at home. that's a good one. though, you'll be laughing about the naked girls thing for a while. and i think your cake looks great. :)

Ellen said...

Sooo cute. Just thought I'd tell you that I was putting Seth down tonight, and just for a second, he gave me this look that made him look a lot like Elise. Funny how you can see their cousins in them sometimes... =)

Shannon said...

What great pictures! (And the cake looks amazing...I'm always impressed by people's cake-decorating skills!) I also sympathize with the dress-up/pre-K-girls-gone-wild situation! Whew! :)

Can I also just tell you that you have THE most gorgeous hair?! I know that's kinda random, but I love it.

Mandy said...

Looks like a fun party and the cake looked just like a crown! And by the way - I agree with Shannon with the hair comment! You should do Pantene commercials or something.