Elise is so creative. She is never bored! Like her Daddy she can create a whole new world from the most mundane things. And her memory is amazing! Words have always been very important to her she is very careful to enunciate when she is singing! Her attention to details can be meticulous. Sometimes she will ask Dan or I to draw a picture for her and she gets so frustrated when we can't draw it just like she imagined it. She will have us try again and again until we get it right.
When I started teaching Elise to read, she took off! Once she grasps a new rule or concept there is no stopping her! Every once in a while she will amaze us with some knowledge she has stored up in her brain. One day we were asking FaithLyn how many kids were in her class. Dan was helping her figure it out.
He said, "Well, how many people sit at each table?"
"Four."
"And how many tables are there?"
"Four."
"So, how many kids are there?" And at this point Elise pipes up, "Sixteen!"
Dan and I just looked at each other!!!? I have no idea how she knew that unless she remembered it or just figured it out. But she pulls stunts like that all the time!
She brings lots of sunshine and laughter into our home! We sure do love you, Elise! I pray that God will unfold even more of his divine mystery to you this coming year! Happy Birthday, Sweet girl!
4 comments:
Thanks for posting updates. I love checking up on y'all's blog. Your new dog looks awesome too! Take care and say hi to Dan! I was just remembering when he was counselor on Camp Caleb and him teaching us how to climb trees and almost get ourselves killed!
Happy birthday, Elise!
Happy 5th Birthday, Elise!! It's so neat that we share the same birthday! Hope you had a wonderful and special day yesterday!
yeah! happy birthday sweet girl!
Post a Comment