Monday, October 6, 2008

Surprise Visitor!

We were so pleasantly surprised by news that Uncle David's work brought him SOOO very close to us last week! He was only an hour and half away for the day. So he drove the hour and a half and spent the night with us......well, he rested for a few hours. He had to get up VERY early to make it to the airport for his flight home. We got an hour or two of good visitin' in before bed. The girls were so pumped to see Uncle David!! He is a legend around here! They waited up for him to get here and we sat and visited with him while he ate a sandwich then he read them their bedtime bible story. The big girls were glad to give up their bed for him. They were super sad, though that he wouldn't be here when they woke up.
Even though I told them SEVERAL times before we even left the bedroom that Uncle David was already gone they came tearing through the house to see for themselves. Alas, he was IN FACT already gone.

We were all sad we didn't have more time with David but we sure did enjoy him. What a super treat on a reagular Thursday night. It also gave me a super sweet reason to *miss* the VP debate. I am so DONE with this election year! (DON"T FORGET TO VOTE!!! NOV. 4)

It certainly wasn't the easiest thing for David to come see us...I am sure it made his Friday LONG, but we sure did feel special that we got to be his pit stop for the night!! It was just enough time to make us realize how darn much we miss him! These years in our families lives don't offer lots of free time and it's only going to get crazier....But we sure do love our families! We are so blessed by them all!

I had to make sure I got a picture to document the event.

I will leave you with the song that sweet little Elise was singing Friday morning while getting ready for preschool....you will have to imagine your own tune

"Uncle David, Uncle David, we love you. I wish you could have stayed longer.
Uncle David, Uncle David, Uncle David , Uncle David, we love you.
I wish you could have stayed longer....."

It made me smile, anyway. And it is just SOO TRUE!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

It is hard to visit frequently when family is far away. How great that David got to come and spend some time with you all! =) Oh, and congrats on the new little niece or nephew on the way! (or both??? haha)

P.S. I share your political sentiments...

hopepiirto said...

Aww little Elise sang a song! I wish I could see those kiddos, and they remembered me. haha