Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Aww SHOOT, MAN!!

Well. It is a sad day here at the B Casa! And not just because I just watched the Little House episode "School Mom". You know....the one where Miss Beadle breaks her ankle when the horse gets spooked and Mrs. Ingles is asked to teach. She teaches the older boy Able McKay how to read in about a week. He's fluent by the end of the show....Man that one gets me EVERY time! I thought I was hardened enough but no. I cried again! Sometimes that show makes me yearn for simpler times. By simpler I only mean times when everyone walked everywhere and had more time for each other. Not the make your own bread every day from scratch days....

Which brings me to our current sad state. My kneading blade in my Bread machine broke. I didn't even realize it. But it's dead. And today I am mourning. The worst part? I looked up the company online and it's so old that they don't make them anymore and DON'T EVEN PROVIDE REPLACEMENT PARTS!!!?? What is a girl to do? Surely you don't expect me hand knead me bread and sweet treats? I don't even have a stand up mixer to do the work for me. Yeah, I don't want to be Caroline Ingles.

Anyone have a bread machine layin' around gatherin' dust? I would be willing to give it some tender loving care!!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Ahhh...season 1 of LHOTP...
We're going through season 2 when we have time. My children (and husband) probably think I'm the biggest sap to ever live! :)
Your TV-withdrawal from the last post made me smile...a lot...because I relate SOOOOO much!
And thank you for your sweet comment. You are such an encouragement to me...I needed that tonight. :)

stella g. said...

actually... let me get back to you. my parents might have an extra. remind me if i don't mention it again!