I felt just like Judson in that picture. All day. My stomach was in knots. I was sick about it. I realize that they are just pictures. I still have the sweet boy here with me to hold and love and see grow. For that I am so. eternally. grateful! But still.....you can't tell me that wouldn't ruin your day!?
We are still going to try one or two more things. I haven't given up all hope but I am preparing myself to live with only the pictures that are captured forever on this blog. Thankfully, they were not ALL of our pictures of Judson. Just the first three weeks. And the documentation of our lives the previous 8 months. In the grand scheme of things.....not even a blip on the scale of tragedies. I don't even break into tears when I think about it. Not anymore, anyway.
What have I learned from this? Always back up my back up! From now on, I will be ordering prints of my most precious pictures. Live and Learn.
The worst part is that I know I checked each CD before I deleted the pics from the computer. Well, perhaps some computer tech somewhere can save the day. Maybe not. My world will go on and I will continue to take pictures! Maybe someone will be prevented this same heartache by learning from mine.
1 comment:
"Aw, junk" is right! Man, Kelli...I think that would ruin any mom's day. :o( I'm glad it's "only" pictures, but still...
I also just read your previous post. Scott and I have been weighing those thoughts in our own family as well. There is a certain heaviness (for lack of a better term?) that seems to accompany this kind of shift. Sad and exciting all at once...
Love you!!
Post a Comment