
I always find it hard to fight off the sludge after effects of a productive week. No matter what the productivity is there is some other area of life that is pushed aside for the sake of progress. And once again I find myself struggling to wade my way through the stuff of everyday.
And slowly but surely we are making progress. We all have clean underwear for the next day, as long as you don't mind digging through all the other clean clothes on the couch. So much for my neat new laundry room!
We all have clean sheets on our beds....ummm, well what they don't know won't hurt them, right?
We are having dinner tonight....chicken parmesan and for a special treat we might even taste the batch of cinnamon rolls rising on the stove.
Then we all sit and watch "the singing show" and try to make some progress on Mt. Clean Laundry.
Most of the floors got clean today. I even worked on those week old orange mystery baby food spit up stains in the carpet.
The bathrooms will have to wait for another day.
It's time to enjoy my family. Why do all the every day stuff if I miss the point? The point and what all that everyday stuff is all about is enjoying the blessings that mean the most to me. I have 5 of them. 4 little ones and one big one that helped me dream up the other 4.
I felt the discontentment rising up in my today and God was so gracious to remind me of all my abundant blessings! I have only to look around and see how good my Creator and Provider has been to me. I was too focused on the details to see the Hugeness of His Goodness.
And slowly but surely we are making progress. We all have clean underwear for the next day, as long as you don't mind digging through all the other clean clothes on the couch. So much for my neat new laundry room!
We all have clean sheets on our beds....ummm, well what they don't know won't hurt them, right?
We are having dinner tonight....chicken parmesan and for a special treat we might even taste the batch of cinnamon rolls rising on the stove.
Then we all sit and watch "the singing show" and try to make some progress on Mt. Clean Laundry.
Most of the floors got clean today. I even worked on those week old orange mystery baby food spit up stains in the carpet.
The bathrooms will have to wait for another day.
It's time to enjoy my family. Why do all the every day stuff if I miss the point? The point and what all that everyday stuff is all about is enjoying the blessings that mean the most to me. I have 5 of them. 4 little ones and one big one that helped me dream up the other 4.
I felt the discontentment rising up in my today and God was so gracious to remind me of all my abundant blessings! I have only to look around and see how good my Creator and Provider has been to me. I was too focused on the details to see the Hugeness of His Goodness.
1 comment:
Why does the sludge always come after productivity? I thought I was the only one with that roller coaster effect! I'm really wishing I was there to feed my growing belly with those cinnamon rolls though!!
Post a Comment