Whoo! Is it Tuesday already? Man have we been busy. Most of last week was spent preparing and decorating for a VBS training class I taught for the association. That happened Saturday. The kids stayed home with one of their favorite babysitters all day.
Wow. Last week was a REALLY long and stressful week for me, and it took only three lines to tell about it. Kind of puts things in perspective, doesn't it?
( I am by no means a bad public speaker. I have a certain amount of skill. I know not to chew gum, I know how to gauge my audience, I know not to fill the silence with umms and likes, I know not to dig in my pockets.....I was a speech minor in college. My knowledge of public speaking probably helps me hold hte attention and respect of my audience but it does not help me captivate them. I wasn't as well prepared as I should have been. I got caught up in trying to follow the lesson plan instead of just going with the flow. I have never been very good at detatching myself from THE PLAN. Oh well, I did portray my passion and my excitement. There are just some things we are supposed to be good at because we used to be good at them. I put a lot of pressure on myself to live up to who I was. The truth is, I would make a WAY better teacher now than I would have right after college. I am MUCH more compassionate and that ain't saying much! But it is so hard to let myself change or to see who I was melt into and be enhanced by who I am now. Anyone know where I am coming from? )
Yesterday we spent most of the day back at church. Monday mornings are my Ladies Bible Study days and then last night we had Outreach/visitation.
Today, FaithLyn and I went to the elementary school for her Kindergarten screening. I didn't take any pictures because I didn't want to be "that" mom. You know, the one crying and blubbering and taking pictures of every move your kid makes. I wish I had a picture now, even though we will have other firsts there soon. I didn't get teary-eyed but I know that day is coming too.
My laundry is piled high all over the house, everyone is scrounging for clean underwear and I'm trying real hard to care enough to do some laundry.
I have two more VBS training conferences. Then we have a week of vacation! SO if you don't hear from me I am knee deep in something.......could be VBS.........could be laundry.........could be the guilt of all the things going undone around here.........could be anything!
1 comment:
I bet your public speaking went way better than you think!
We learned from the best...Strick would be proud I am sure :-)
Post a Comment