I love Thanksgiving! It is one of my favorite holidays. It is still just about giving thanks to our Lord for the blessings of life. It is a time for family, friends, and food!! That is a pretty good combination if you ask me.
I love holidays that give me an excuse to do cooking, baking, or both for lots of people. I love to cook and bake but if I cook and bake lots for my own family I end up eating it myself. I have realized that eating lots just isn't good for my 5' 1" little body. BUT if I have people coming around that actually can eat or like to eat at least one day of the year then I am set loose to enjoy the culinary joys of preparing a feast! I also have this, let's call it a. . . compulsion, to always try new recipes when I have company coming over. It usually works out well. I just can't help it, I am always looking for something new and yummier than last time. But if I find a recipe that is perfect, then I perfect it and keep it around.
Perhaps someday my children will grow enough to enjoy food in a healthy manner and I will enjoy cooking for them, too.
So for all of you first timers, or experts, Don't forget to start thawing your turkey!!!!
Question of the Day:
Is pumpkin pie better made from a can or from a baking pumpkin?
2 comments:
Yay for Thanksgiving. It is, hands down, my favorite holiday. It is tastier than the rest and doesn't have all the commercial junk that Christmas has to deal with. I love Thanksgiving.
And I'm going to guess that pumpkin pie tastes better if made from a real pumpkin...but I don't like pumpkin pie so I'm just going on my experience of food in general. The fresher the better. Don't ask me!
Pumpkin pie...hmmm... My brother grew cooking pumpkins (dark brown ones, not the orangey Halloween kind). I think Mom's pies made from those are better than the ones I make, using the same recipe, from the can. But there isn't much difference, in my opinion. And I think cooking pumpkin is a pain, so I'd go with the can. That's my two cents! And I'm doing pecan pie for the first time this year! Wish me luck!
Post a Comment