Thursday, November 16, 2006

Birthday Week

I have had a really great week! Diana, Dan's mom came for a visit on Sunday and we just got home a few hours ago from dropping her off at the airport. I have to say I definitely got the better end of the bargain. She came Sunday and let Dan and I go out for my birthday that night while she stayed at home with the girls AND made me a birthday cake. She slept in the bunk bed with the girls! She insisted that it was fun for her! Then we went on Monday to the museum and she took us to eat at Chick-fil-A with Dan. Tuesday we spent the morning at the zoo and then she let me go shop that afternoon for a couple of hours all by myself!!! I was a woman on a mission. I didn't even slow down enough to say "No, Thank you," to the booth sellers in the middle of the mall. It's too bad I didn't find anything! Then Wednesday we went to the library for story hour and ate at Chick-fil-A AGAIN! Then I spent most of that evening on the couch not feeling well. She folded my laundry, got the girls snacks, did all the dishes while she was here and did everything else that has to happen everyday. What a breath of fresh air. She assured me that she loved getting in on our routine but I know she is going home to a full schedule and I just pray she gets a good nights sleep tonight!! We love you, Mimi and we sure did enjoy your visit.

I have to tell you, I am so blessed to have a mother-in-law that is more friend than relative. She challenges me spiritually and is continually sharing what Christ is doing in her life. She works hard to keep up our relationship and she is so full of grace for me when I am too overwhelmed to carry my part of the relationship work. Thank You, Lord for the tremendous blessing I recieved when I became a B.!!!

I have such a wonderful family! Two sets of parents that are THE best parents. That just doesn't happen because of some cosmic coincidence! That my friends is the blessing of an Almighty Father who cares about every detail of each and every one of our lives!!

1 comment:

Andrea Casey said...

So glad you had a great birthday and visit with your mother in-law! What a blessing to have such a good relationship with your MIL! I'm a little jealous of that and of all the Chick Fil-A you got to eat! ;)